In case you haven’t done so already, make sure you head over to our website to take a look at the events we have planned for the Autumn.
We have a number of great topics lined up, which I hope you will enjoy. We’re continuing with webinars until end of September, when we *hope* to be able to return to live, socially distanced seminars.
Of course, it’s hard to predict what the case may be when October finally does come around. With this in mind, we’re prepped and primed to switch back to online events if we need to.
Five Things We’ve Learnt This Week
1. MESH’s weekly retail banking consumer insight study found that the ‘reach of bank branches increased to almost pre-COVID-19 levels’, as more consumers beginning to frequent the high street. The see-saw effect has been that email suffered a large decline, and ‘digital owned touchpoints’ fell slightly. View the report on MESH’s new dashboard here
2. The study also reported that conversations about banks had increased, and overall in a positive light. Consumers were talking about ‘Barclays’ interest rate, ISA and Savings Accounts’. But, the Co-Operative Bank has kudos for it’s ‘overall brand ethics and it’s online bank, Smile’
3. Brands need to think ‘more creatively and holistically’ when thinking about how to adapt to changing consumer behaviours, explain Signal in their latest article. Signal recommend starting with your own, brand owned data, to ‘identify which consumers will be likely to continue with that new behaviour once restrictions are eased’
4. Additionally, Signal highlight that, with such disruption, consumers are looking for stability ‘as well as the best solutions for their individual needs’.It has never been more important to listen to the voice of the customer, with personalisation a key engagement tool for communications
5. With such rapid change during COVID, we’ve seen the rise of ‘agile marketing’, as home-bound teams turbo charged productivity to pivot on existing strategy and meet consumers needs. There has also been an increase in marketers using ‘intelligent, automated solutions that make data processing more efficient and enable them to pivot on strategy, shorten campaign cycles and reduce costs’.
Finally, we are delighted to announce our 6-part digital marketing masterclass ‘The A-Z of Digital Marketing’, in partnership with award-winning digital agency, Receptional.
This new series of 40-minute webinars are designed to help you to optimise your digital marketing strategy and get the most out of the (very fast-evolving) marketing functionality available on social platforms.
We’ll be covering the fundamentals over the first 3 sessions, then giving Members the chance to vote on what channel masterclasses you’d like to see us put on for the final 3. Let us know what you’d like to see here, and we’ll run the sessions that will be most useful to the Membership.
David will be back on Monday, undoubtedly to quite a few emails in his inbox from over the past week! If I can help with anything before then, please drop me a line.
Have a lovely weekend.